Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

The dust has settled on yet another eventful Thanksgiving weekend.  I'm back at work and reflecting on all the fun we had.  We doubled with Mark and Shelley to see "New Moon" (Chase secretly wanted to see it) on Wednesday.  Thanksgiving day kicked off with the annual Turkey Bowl.  I baked my first cheesecake (and it actually tasted pretty fantastic... phew).  Then it was off to the Oborn's for an intimate dinner.  It was delicious... and I wish my growing belly would have allowed me to eat more.  We saw "The Blindside" that night as a family.  One of my favorite shows for the year.  Made me really reflect on how blessed we really are.  I was very grateful that night for my bed.  I recruited Kallie and Madison to be my Black Friday teammates this year.  We decided to pull an all-nighter.  Thanks to the Oborn clan in St. George who slept over at Walmart, I no longer had to worry about waiting in line there for the laptop we were after... they picked one up for me (thanks again Tam).  So at 2am, we decided to head to the Park City outlets and check out their bargains.  I didn't know what to expect, since I'd never attempted the outlets on BF before.  I have never seen a more full parking lot... and at 3am!  It was insane.  But there were lots of greats deals and bargains Madi and Kallie found.  After a few hours there, we decided to hit-up Walmart in Park City on our way home.  BAD IDEA.  The store had just opened and it was a mad house!  That store was very small to begin with, so adding hundreds of pushy, ornery people inside, didn't help.  But we snatched a few more deals and found a considerably short line.  The drive home was challenging since we had been up all night, but we finally made it back home around 6:30am.  Kallie and I crashed for several hours... and then, more shopping!  We hit up the mall with the Oborn gals and found a few more bargains.  It was my nephew Tyce's birthday that night, so we celebrated with dinner and presents.  He's such a cute boy!  Saturday we slept in (yea, I was still trying to catch up on sleep) and then I spent the afternoon putting up Christmas.  We went to Todd's a watch the big rivalry game.  Go Cougs!  The rest of the weekend was spent lounging and enjoying some down time with each other.

Thankful today to be surrounded by so many people I love.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm now looking forward to savoring the holiday season!  Can't believe December is here!

{Here are just a few pics from the weekend... I guess I was having too much fun to remember to snap more pics... }


Chase was lovin' my cheesecake

checking out the ads... things get a little weird around 2am

2009 Black Friday Team!

No comments: