Wednesday, January 14, 2009

COSTA RICA~Day 5 & 6

Friday, Jan. 2
We decided to head back to Tamarindo for more surfing and shopping. We all spent the morning working on our wicked surfing skills (and I went a little camera snap happy). For lunch, Chase and I sat poolside and enjoyed burgers and fries, which was a nice break from the beans, rice and seafood. We ended the day on a beautiful sunset cruise snorkeling the coastlines. We saw colorful fish, an eel, and even got stung by who knows what a time or two (or ten). Watching the sun set on the boat was beautiful and a perfect way to cap off the fun week. We went back to our favorite restaurant, Mar y Sol, and enjoyed a great meal and strawberry and nutella crepes!

Mark's surfing lessons



Chase's mad skills
Me "attempting" to surf






One of the many taranchulas we spotted



Saturday, Jan. 3
4:00 am wake up call. Sad morning. Pack-up and gear-up for the long day ahead, traveling back to the cold. Goodbye sun. Goodbye sand. Goodbye Costa Rica. PURA VIDA!

A HUGE butterfly we spotted at the airport

Playing cards to kill time during our layover


Thank you Mark and Shelley for the trip! We had a blast!

2 comments:

Tibett said...

Wow what a fun trip! I love how blue the sky and the water are in these pictures. So pretty! Looks like a blast...you guys are so lucky!

Jessica Reeves said...

Looks so fun!! I'm glad you guys had a great trip! I've never been there and now I really want to go!