Among my many 2009 resolutions, I have come to terms that I have one SERIOUS problem. Close friends and family know my fault. I cannot hide it. Any guesses? Yes, I PICK MY EYELASHES. My first memory was back in 9th grade. Not sure if that's where it began, or if it's when I started wearing makeup. Either way, it has HAUNTED me ever since. I cannot go one hour after applying mascara before I start picking at it. By 10:00 am, I no longer have any mascara on and I continue to pick at my bare lashes. My eyelashes are stubby now, but I can't stop. Whether I'm in deep thought, relaxed, concentrating, bored... you name it, I do it. It is a subconscious habit that most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. So, I'm making it my resolution this year to put an end to this bad habit once and for all. But I need your help. I'm not sure HOW to do it. I'm taking suggestions...
Dear eyelashes-
I'm sorry I treat you so poorly. I put black goop on you, I pick at you and pick at you, and then do it all again. I know you want to grow and become healthy and long. I know I am suppressing you of your full potential. Trust me lashes, I am seeking help. I want us to be friends again. Please don't hate me. We will work through this together. I promise to let you become all that you've wanted to become in 2010. Just give me this year to right my wrongs.
Your soon to be friend-
Katie
4 comments:
That's funny. You could have the bad habit of twisting your hair, or swing you leg back and forth 24/7 while sitting down, or biting your nails, it's all in the family.
Since i've been preggo, my eyelashes have never been longer! Maybe you and Chase should jump aboard the parent train :)
Love you!
You are hilarious! That is going to be a hard habit to break since you have done it so much over the years! I'll continue to think of suggestions. My only thought is once I am in beauty school, I can tint you eyelashes for free and then you won't even have to wear mascara!
I'd put icy hot on your hands like lotion. It doesn't hurt them but if they come even near your eyes they start to water!
Post a Comment