Thursday, March 21, 2013

only child, expiring soon!


The other day Tate fell asleep in the car on our way home and I transferred him to my bed.
We both napped the afternoon away and I kept waking up to his yummy baby face next to me.
I got many flashbacks to earlier days when we wasted our days away sleeping and cuddling and our relationship developing and growing.

As I wind down this pregnancy, I'm starting to realize my one-on-one time with Tatum is expiring soon.
I get teary-eyed thinking about our 3+ years together... just us.
Sigh.

Overall it has been a beautiful and fun ride.
Of course our days will be filled with great joy once sister arrives, but it will be different.
Dividing time between two kiddos will make it harder to constantly get those one-on-one moments.
I'll miss our conversations (one of my favorite stages with Tatum so far).
I'll miss our walks, hand-in-hand, and talking about the world around us.
I'll miss our little dates. We've definitely had a lot of fun together (story times, museums, libraries, parks, shopping, movies... you name it).

So, I guess all I can do is soak up all these final weeks together, just us, and vow to make time for just me and my little man in the future.

I love you oh so much Bubba.

No comments: