Tate and I have been sick, off and on, since before Thanksgiving.
But January was took the cake.
Utah air quality (combined with freakishly low temperatures lately) is the worst!
I've tolerated the inversion for so long (yea, Tate's cough and runny nose from Thanksgiving is still here), but I threw my hands up this week. And yes, I blame it a lot of it on the air. The air that, according to ksl.com, is worse than Bejing's air! All those germs and virus' just hovering over us, day and night. Eeek.
So I had run myself ragged helping watching Celeste's kids for a few days while potty training Tate, but when Chase walked through the door early on Friday and hit the couch sick, I cursed the air! Grrrrr. Not my idea of kicking off the weekend.
Hubby had aches and chills, mixed with a cough all weekend.
Tate and I thought we'd dogged the bullet (literally, stayed away from Chase all weekend)... but sure enough, the bullet hit. Hard.
Tate didn't eat anything for 4 days, ran fevers off and on, his eyes turned pink, and he was so lethargic (long naps and asking to go to bed at night). On top of that, he still had his lingering cough and cold. His lack of nutrition and bloodshot eyes finally urged me to get him to the doctor, even though I felt like crap myself. The verdict: double ear infection, eye infection/pink eye... all thanks to a sinus infection (his long-term runny nose).
Mine started with the aches and chills, then swiftly turned into a sinus infection and hacking cough (yea, I vote moms, especially pregnant moms, get a pass on all sickness... especially when their entire family is sick too). When my chest felt tight and it was hard to breathe, I knew it would ease my mind if I stopped by a doctor. After a two-hour "urgentcare" visit, we walked away some cough syrup and saline rinse. Boo.
Chase bounced back pretty quickly. And bless him for pulling the weight on the home front.
After Tate got some antibiotics in him, and his appetite finally returned, he was a new kid.
As for me... my I'm convinced I had a form of RSV. I have never hacked up so much crap in my life (and have been sick for so long). I finally went to see my doctor a week after "urgentcare" and sure enough, I had a ear and eye infection too. Antibiotics for me... finally. So, a week later, baby steps is the best description for my progress. Slowly and surely I'll eventually recover. My body just hates me right now.
So there you have it. Our entire month has consisted of sickness, doctor's visits, and crazy cabin fever.
Goodbye January. Taking a big "x" to you on the calendar.
Hello February. Be good to us.



No comments:
Post a Comment