Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day

On Sunday, I took Tate to the Bountiful Cemetery to see my Grandpa Cook's grave and we also lucked out and caught the bagpipers performing.  I taught him about the American Flag and we walked away with a cookie!  It was a beautiful evening.  So grateful to have spent that time with Tatum.  I hope someday he will come to learn more about his ancestors and have a respect for those who have sacrificed for our freedoms.




On Memorial Day, Chase and all the Oborn guys spent the day fishing.  They caught a lot of fish and the weather was great, so they all came home happy. We got together later for a BBQ.  I introduced a new treat called "Campfire Cones."  You simply stuff a sugar cone full of marshmallows, chocolate chips, and anything else you like (fruit, caramel bits, flavored marshmallows, etc.).  Then you wrap it up in foil and stick it in the hot coals of the fire (they can burn pretty easily, so watch carefully).  It was a fun new treat!   Always a good time with family, food and fun.









and some of Sara's pics... 

 

 

 


No comments: