Meet the hobo obos:
{picture taken by Sherrie Henrie at our ward party}
Isn't Tatum the cutest homeless "guy" you've ever seen?
Chase stayed back at the house to hand-out candy while I took Tatum to a few neighbors. This is how Trick-or-Treating went down:
Tate pushes his grocery cart to the neighbors house. He takes an aluminum can out from the cart.
Me: "Ok bud, go knock on the door and get some candy."
Tate walks up the stairs, sees the dog on the other side of the door and forgets about the candy. We pet the dog, I pry him away from the dog and we move on to the next house.
Tate stops by his girlfriend Ellie's house. After 10 minutes of interacting, going inside and playing the piano, I finally get him to leave her house and move on.
Me: "Ok Tatum, let's go to this house. Go get a treat."
Tate runs away. He's spotted a slide. He goes down the slide, runs around in the yard, and finally comes back to me. We skip the house. On to the next...
I carry Tate up to the door. He knocks, holds out his can and collects the goods and in his sweet little voice says "thank you" (ank ooh). He empties the goodies into his cart and we press forward. Oh wait, he's spotted some rocks in the neighbors flower beds...
After collecting rocks, putting them in the cart, then putting them back in the dirt, we move on to the next house...
I'll spare you all the details... needless to say, Tatum was easily distracted. Visiting five houses took over an hour!! I was exhausted by 6:00. Thankfully we had better luck going around with cousins Dre and Jersey and the whole Oborn clan. Tate didn't understand what "just take one" meant, so I'd have to chime in and say, "He's just hungry... doesn't know when his next meal will be. Ha!" The neighbors thought he was hilarious. By time we trick-or-treated, visited with family, we were all spent! We had fun nonetheless, and Tate came home with quite the stash.







2 comments:
oh my gosh, that is SUCH a cute, creative costume! I absolutely love it!
You guys were so cute!!! I loved this costume idea!!!
Post a Comment