Sunday, May 8, 2011

thoughts on motherhood: part 4

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction.”
-M. Russell Ballard


To all mothers, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, and daughters... Happy Mother's Day!
I believe today is a day to celebrate all the women in our lives (and lets be honest, it does take a village to raise a child).

Never had I understood the amount of sacrifice, patience, selflessness, silliness, and love a mother exhibits until I became one myself.  I can't express enough thanks for our mothers and the wonderful job they've done in raising their families.

Seeing Tate learn things, act silly, blow mama kisses, or run to me to wipe away a tear... reminds me that this is the best job in the world!  I'm grateful this darling little man made me a mama.

I'm grateful to be spending this special day with my mom and sister (and of course, Tatum) in Texas!

1 comment:

Marce said...

i loved all of your thoughts on mothers posts- so cute. you're the most darling mama who ever lived. i'm glad i get to admire you, even from worlds away!