Thursday, August 26, 2010

Giveaway: Circus #2 [CLOSED]

Here's your second chance to enter to win 4 tickets to The Greatest Show on Earth... the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus, coming to ESA Sept. 22-26.

Leave one comment [describing an act of kindness] you or someone you know did this week, by Sunday, August 29th.  Winner announced on Monday, August 30th.

In the spirit of giving back...

The Greatest Show On Earth® Celebrates Children Who Give Back to Their Community with Medals and Grants (totaling more than $150,000)

The Barnum Award program is designed to recognize and support children ages six to 14, who have created social good and enriched their local community through their own inventive and pioneering actions. Award recipients in more than 75 cities throughout the United States will be chosen by a panel of distinguished local luminaries, and will receive award medals and grants to fund future local service projects. Nominees will be judged on the impact of their accomplishments, creativity and innovation, and their inspiration to others relating to their cause. Nominators are required to be over the age of 21, and must fill out a short questionnaire about the child they feel is making a difference in the community.

For more information about The Barnum Award and how to nominate a child who is making a difference in your community, visit www.thebarnumaward.com

8 comments:

Kate and Wes said...

I was at the gas station two nights ago and I donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. I put my daughters name on the shoe since she is healthy and we don't have to worry about that with her.

katrinasouthwick at gmail dot com

Whitney said...

I had a sweet man in my ward bring by 4 loafs of bread to me and the other sisters in the relief society presidency last night. So sweet and thoughtful. And yummy!

Williams Family said...

My wonderful husband gave his entire month's commission check to my brother, who is currently unemployed and struggling to support his family. Love his generosity!

Kendra said...

My parents are letting my husband, me, and our 2 toddlers live with them since I have been having seizures. The doctor is trying out many medications on me that make it very hard for me to watch the kids myself. They have opened up their arms and home.

Cacia said...

We had an over abundance of veggies from the garden this year. I took bags full of tomatoes and lettuce to all the neighbors. They were so excited!

Alisha said...

My in-laws drove 1 1/2 hours to my house to watch my kids so that I my husband and I could go out for my birthday!

Holly said...

My son makes his Grandpa and Grandma's bed just to surprise them. He loves it!

Anonymous said...

My neighbor brought me some delicious homemade cinnamon rolls!! so kind of her!

Peggy G