Dear Sun-Kissed readers,
Call me vain, but when it comes to my naturally "pasty white" skin, I have to be a bit vain (not to mention being married to a man with the most gorgeous olive skin year-round who constantly reminds me of my whiteness). Every year seems the same... how in the world am I going to achieve a natural looking tan without fake baking or looking like an oompa loompa? I've tried many products over the years: Banana Boat, Jergens, Pro Tan, Neutrogena, Victoria's Secret, Clinique... you name it. Some I like, and some are a just waste of money. All I want is a little color... is that too much to ask? Well, this year I want to put the search behind me and find the ONE miraculous product that does the trick. That's where YOU come in. Please spill all your sunless tanning secrets...
Soon-to-be Tan,
Katie
15 comments:
I have the best spray. It's called something like "Rox...." something. I will look when I get home. It's about 30 bucks a bottle but is good.
I thought of it.
It's Roxanne Rizzo self tanner and you have to get it online.
I'm right there with you, actually probably even more pasty white. I have tried all teh same products so please keep me updated on what you find out. I could use all the help I can get :)
I am married to someone who is 1/4 Italian, my baby has darker skin than me! So I am always on the look out for the best and I have found a great product at the beauty supply its made by Bask I LOVE it, I have it in spray and a gel. Also before I went to LA I got a spray tan from Phases in Kaysville it was awesome if you dont shower for double the amount of time they recommend (gross I know) it last way longer. Good luck my fair skinned friend!
Sorry- I swear all those sunless tanning things just turn you orange. But Tyler's parents, and his little sister Jessi all recently got a spray on tan at the Paradise tanning in bountiful before their cruise, and they didn't look orange. Maybe that's the trick?
I have the same problem and wish I had a good answer. Hopefully someone can provide one for us both. I will be checking back :-)
I am so glad you posted this because I have been on the market for this as well! My husband also sucks and has beautiful olive skin year round. Boo.
hi im just an official blog stalker but when i saw your need for a self tanner i had to tell you about the one i love...and ALL my friends swear by it (a lot have even blogged about their love of it!) its called Fake Bake. its the best i swear. i have tried tons of self tanners and Fake Bake is the best. im a hairstylist so i found it at the beauty supply a few years back...i dont know where they sell it but you could probably google it!
good luck!
CLARINS.....it's expensive but it works wonders. You have to get it at a department store. Macey's or Nordstrom. There is also another one that all the girls at my school go crazy over. St. Torpez I think? I'll check for sure and let you know. It's expensive too but works awesome and doesn't smell bad. I've tried all the other ones too and yes they are a waste of money!
I am looking too and my husband has the perfect skin tone as well... He always reminds me of my whiteness as well. So let us know the outcome... any advice would be appreciated in this department.
I am on the market for something as well... My husband has that awesome skin tone (hopefully my future babies get it) So post the outcome of the advice... I would like to hear as well!
I actually like the pro tan. The only bad thing is its a pain to put on but once you get the hang of it, & can wash off the excess, it looks really good. I'd rather do that myself then worry about a tanning salon doing it.
I have some sunless tan lotion that is Mary Kay. I used it last year and I think that it worked great.
oh gosh. i.am.a.marshmallow. which is cute if you're a baby. but not so cute if you are an adult.......because white and round is just yucky.
but this is what i've been given to deal with. the roundness, i can fix and work with that (to a point).
but white: well, for me, it's pretty much ORANGE or WHITE. (or RED if i get burnt). so i don't know which option is the best. but i'm thinking white?? unless you come up with the miracle product.
in short, please blog about your finds, friend :)
Katie my love, embrace your pastiness! I have come to terms with my whiteness and realize that I will never be a tan person...and that's ok. I actually think that white is in...or atleast that's what I keep telling myself! I use Jergens just to be a shade darker than "casper the friendly ghost" but I know I'll never be a tan person...oh well! Enjoy the Journey!
Post a Comment