In response to many of your comments, here are the basics with the Detox Diet:
CAN eat:
Fruit
Vegetables
Brown rice
Whole Grains
Beans
Nuts and seeds
Olive Oil
CANNOT eat:
Sugar
Dairy
Meat
Gluten
Yeast
Chocolate
Caffeine
Seafood
Any animal-derived products
Additives or Preservatives
Here are some meal ideas:
Breakfast:
Soy milk protein shake
Whole wheat, sugar free oatmeal with cranberries and almonds w/ soy milk
Piece of fruit
Lunch:
Salad (loaded with carrots, kidney beans, corn, peppers, sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges, etc)
Orange, apple, or pear
Minestrone soup
Snacks:
Vegan Trail Mix
Pomegranate seeds
Rice cake with peanut butter
Popcorn (no butter)
Edemame/Soy Beans (great source of protein)
Dinner:
Brown rice with diced tomatoes and olive oil
Baked potato with sauteed onions and herbs with olive oil
Piece of fruit
It is for 21-days. It is about sheer discipline, but if followed exactly, you WILL see results. It's basically removing any toxic, non earth-derived foods from your diet and system, giving your inner organs a rest. So if you're disciplined with your eating habits, this is definitely a good jump start to the New Year! For more info, check out this {website}
4 comments:
Just a note from an RD that I took a Weight Management class from, your body has it's own detox system. I guess if they help you to eat healthier than they would be beneficial even though they do not necessarily "detox", but the extremo ones are completely worthless.
WOW! No chocolate!!! No Sweets! AGH! I don't know if I could handle that. The rest I could do though! I might have to try it anyway!
Do you know if this cleanse is safe to do while pregnant?
It's basically a vegan diet. I would research and see if a vegan diet is ok while pregnant... and always, of course, consult your doctor before starting a new diet (especially with a bun in the oven). I don't see a problem with it, but you may need certain nutrients that the vegan diet doesn't provide. Not sure...
Post a Comment