Thursday, December 11, 2008
Cleanse/Detox Diet
So I started a 21-Day Cleanse Diet on Monday, December 8th, making this my 4th day. This isn't an all "cayenne pepper lemonade" diet. I can eat fruits, vegetables, brown rice, grains, beans, nuts and seeds and olive oil.... meaning no sugar, dairy, meat, gluten, yeast, CHOCOLATE, caffeine, animal products, or anything with additives or preservatives. Sound terrible? Well, it really hasn't been all that bad. I like all of the foods I can eat anyways. The hardest part so far has been avoiding all the holiday treats. Chase is definitely loving all the neighbor and co-workers treats I get... all for him, none for me. So why am I doing this at the most delicious time of the year? First, it gives your internal organs a vacation from overworking and digesting crappy food. Second, we're headed to Costa Rica in less than 3 weeks! This body is definitely not bathing suit material. Plus, I didn't want any of the guilt after the holidays for the 5 pounds I gained on junk. So far, I feel lighter, my stomach is flatter and I feel overall healthier! Hopefully it will continue to be pretty easy and my body will thank me for the break. Only 17 more days to go...
Labels:
food,
FYI,
my opinion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm happy to report that I'm on day 15 and I feel great. It has actually been fairly easy to stick to the diet. It only gets hard at family get-togethers. The food and treats always look so good. But I've been very diligent and have noticed a big improvement in my weight and overall health!
Post a Comment