Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday... Cook Style

Black Friday. Why do they call it "Black" Friday. Sacrificing some zzzz's for killer deals is worth it to me. I've gone by myself or tried to drag others into the madness each year. This year, my family definitely got into (except Chase). We started looking at online deals and ads weeks before. The Thanksgiving Day newspaper supplemented our research. We met together Thanksgiving night for a sleep-over and "game plan" party. We scoured the ads, made our wish lists and devised the plan:



4:45 am- Alarm goes off. Allie and I pop out of bed and bundle up

5:30 am- Waiting in line at Target and Office Depot, thankful it's not as cold as last year

6:00 am- Doors open. Get all the killer deals we were after (memory cards, DVDs, and Wii game). Success!!

6:45 am- Waiting, waiting, waiting in cashier line, but it's worth it

7:00 am- Snag some $20 designer jeans for Chase at the mall. Success!!

9:00 am- Ryan, Rachelle and Pops hit up Costco for an HDTV and Lowes for tools. Success!!

10:00 am- Meet at parents to regroup, refuel, and get back out there

11:00 am- Bukoos for additional deals

12:00 pm- Crash!

An overall success! This year however, there were many deals the week of Thanksgiving and extending through the weekend. I ended up getting my gift two days prior, so it eliminated an additional stop on Friday. With 90% of my shopping done, I can sit back and bask in this year's success!

4 comments:

Castillon04 said...

Wow, sounds super intense! But also like way too much fun! You are such a cute girl Katie! Go team Cook!

Cacia said...

We have never been a part of the madness. We had a similar day that involved free breakfast at Sam's club and IKEA! The best part of the day was watching the meth-heads at WalMart and Kmart fighting over their spot in line.

We will definitely looking forward to going next year. Aw - we will need a babysitter if we want to go again next year, weird.

Bryan and Allie said...

I had lots of fun this year having the sleepover in our old room together, waking up and wondering if it was really worth it, and going out together and catchin' all the bargains! :) This is definately something I will truly miss while in Texas...is spending time with my big Sis! I love ya girl!

P.S. That video of me is hideous!!

Hale-O There said...

Kates,
I am sorry I didn't get back to you night before THanksgiving- we were in a movie till past 12. How was the turkey bowl? My extended fam actually had a turkey bowl this year and it was a blast, but I missed the oborne crew! Next year Scott and I want to try the black friday shopping-it sounds like madness;)