Monday, September 22, 2008

Monet to Picasso

The UMFA just finished hosting the Monet to Picasso exhibit from the Cleveland Museum of Art. I waited until the last day to go (big regret) but I was glad I was able to see it. It was sold-out... therefore CROWDED. However, the crowds didn't take away from the masterful pieces of Monet, Renoir, Degas, van Gogh, Dali Picasso, Matisse and others. And Marci... I miss you!

Vincent van Gogh (Dutch, 1853–1890)
The Poplars at Saint-Rémy (Les peupliers sur la Colline)
, 1889
© The Cleveland Museum of Art

Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
Harlequin with Violin, 1918
© The Cleveland Museum of Art

Auguste Rodin (1840-1917)
The Thinker, 1880, reduced 1903 (date of cast unknown), Bronze

2 comments:

Jessica... a.k.a... Frank. said...

Hey! I went to this with the Smith boys. Wow. So entertaining. You know the one by Rodin, the white sculptures, of the fallen angels? This is where Pierce said... A hug gone wrong... Wow. Very entertaining. I am also glad I went to this. It's no MoMa or Met, but it still had some pretty cool pieces that I've never seen before.

Marci + Dan said...

Would have loved to have been there with you!

So glad you made it.