Thursday, April 24, 2008

Passport FYI

Just warning all you traveling ladies who have changed your name after marriage. If you have a previous passport, with your maiden name on it, you will have to renew your passport (and pay $75 again) with your new name printed on it before you travel. I just discovered this news. Thought I could take my marriage certificate to the airport with additional ID's. That's NOT the case. Hopefully I'll get my new passport in time before our trip to Mexico June 1st. Visit travel.state.gov for more info.

3 comments:

Carly said...

Katie...I seriously haven't changed my name yet for that exact reason. Don't worry, it has only been two years.

My sister-in-laws all kept their old DL and just use that and their maiden name when ever we travel.

yellow dog blog said...

just a lurker here, but with good advice...book your plane ticket under your maiden name and use your passport as your only i.d., as long as those names match that's all that matters...it worked for me last time I went to Mexico...good luck!

KO said...

Got my passport back in 12 days! Wow... they must have really streamlined their system. I'm glad I didn't pay the expedited fee!