Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Is it the end of summer?

"And the thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes..." I love a good rain storm! Across the state of Utah, there were severe weather warnings yesterday. As I was driving home from work, huge gusts of wind practically tipped my car over. Tree branches and debris were swirling all around me. As I approached Centerville, a cloud of smoky ash covered the freeway. I found out later that lightning had struck some sagebrush along the road and started a fire. When I got home, the rain was pounding on our roof so hard. What a storm! Although it was a bit scary, I enjoyed every second of the 45 minute spectacle. Click here for photos from the storm.

2 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

This storm was crazy! We were up in Kaysville for Kyle's setting apart before he left on his mission, and during the storm the Shumways siding on their house was blown off! It was all over the neighborhood! The siding was smacking our cars, but luckily there was no damage done to the cars.

Carly said...

Katie, I was watching TV the other day and all of a sudden, POOF...there you were, on my TV! I loved it.