Sunday, June 24, 2007

Done!

Bottled water $1.69
Protein Bar $2.29
Running Shoes $69.99
Bandaids $3.49
Running 24 consecutive hours with your friends and pushing yourself like never before and having the greatest sense of accomplishment...
= PRICELESS

WE DID IT!! It was the most exhausting, painful and fun athletic challenge I have ever done. The challenges for each of my legs were so different. Leg #1 was extremely hot and I had to drink and dump myself with water just to stay cool. Leg #2 was at midnight, at a welcoming 55 degrees, completely uphill. Lastly, leg #3 was after 2 hours of sleep or less and my legs felt 10 pounds heavier. Through the blood, sweat and tears, we felt so proud that we had accomplished so much and pushed ourselves like never before! Today I woke up sore and tired... but it was worth it. So the question remains... who's up for it next year? Any takers?


Here are our results
Overall: 144 out of 296 teams
Time: 27:36:36

Open-mixed category:
55th out of 132 teams


The "KSL Roadkill" Team: Van#2
Me, Dave, Tyler, Coco, Scott
Path along the old road to Snow Basin


Scott handing off to Coco...

Coco making the tough climb to Snow Basin

Coco handing off to Dan (van #1)

Day 2
9:30 am
Heber Valley
2 hours of sleep=
A TOUGH RUN

Coco Warner (Reporter: EWN Today)

With camera rolling... Tyler forces himself to climb up the backside of Deer Valley

Tyler still fighting to the top (this was one of the toughest legs)

The view from half-way up Ragnar
Overlooking Heber and Midway, UT

Scott Haws (Anchor: EWN Today)
Running his last leg in style

Dave eagerly passing on to Scott after his vigorous climb up the mountain

Nadine Wimmer (Anchor: EWN 6pm and 10 pm)
Running the last leg of the entire race!


4 comments:

Marci + Dan said...

Nice Kate. Coco was (maybe still is) in my parents ward. She's the best.

Anonymous said...

Katie:
To finish the team race somewhere in the middle of the pack was amazing...What's your next goal...Mt. Mckinley? I'm proud of your adventurous spirit...You've awesome babe..Love Pops

Carly said...

That looks awesome Katie! I am dying to do something like that, congrats!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Are you freikin kidding me!!! I'm speechless. I thought 13 miles on a fairly flat road was death. At least Chase is smart and stayed out of the race (j/k) Congrats, that is amazing!!!