Chase and I had the privilege of speaking in our ward today.
It's always a nerve-wracking experience, but I love the preparing and learning that goes into the experience.
I was asked to speak on Elder Bednar's Conference address, "Converted unto the Lord."
Chase spoke on testimony.
I had never really looked at the difference between having a testimony of the gospel, and being converted to the gospel. "Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion. Conversion is an offering of self, of love, and of loyalty we give to God in gratitude for the gift of testimony."
What a great reminder to not only "know it," but to "live it" and "love it" (Ann M. Dibb)!
And, as always, Chase sucked the audience in with his address and the spirit flooded the chapel. I had never heard him bear a more powerful testimony and share such powerful personal stories about his testimony and conversion. I sat there so proud to call him mine and that he is such a strong soul. I'm grateful that he will be the Priesthood leader over our family. I am so lucky to have him in my life forever! My heart was, and still is, bursting with gratitude!
Chase was also released as an Elder's Quorum instructor and was made the YM Priest Quorum adviser (it's definitely a good fit for him:) As I listened to his speak, I knew that this is where he would be most influential in this ward. Those boys are very lucky to have him.
2 comments:
As crazy as it is to give a talk, you're so right. There's nothing better to strengthen your testimony and give you the reminders of what's really important. And I'm sure yours was just as enthralling :)
As crazy as it is to give a talk, you're so right. There's nothing better to strengthen your testimony and give you the reminders of what's really important. And I'm sure yours was just as enthralling :)
Post a Comment