I've been thinking a lot about Elder Uchtdorf's R.S. talk "Forget Me Not" and how he encouraged us to "be happy now" and not to close your eyes to the simple joys around us. Not sure if I've just become more aware, or if I've just had a great weekend, but I definitely have a grateful heart. Chase can attest that I'm definitely the pessimist in our marriage. I hate it, but I'm really trying to look on the bright side more often.
After the wedding we were simply exhausted and wanted some down time. We spent the weekend "in," enjoying being together as a little family. We watched movies, got ice cream, played games, and simply laughed at Tate. Oh, and we got our family pictures taken.
Today, I dedicated my day to simply playing with Tatum. No housework. No distractions. Just us. We walked the Lagoon Trail in our rain boots and splashed in puddles. We searched for rocks in the yard and dug in the dirt. Tonight, after we enjoyed a good meal together, we went swimming at the rec center and played lots of tag ("I'm gonna get you"). I sat in the kiddie area and observed Tate with Chase and my eyes welled up with tears. My heart was so full. I was so content. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much in the pool. I wanted to pause the moment. I just starred at Tate and wanted him to stop growing. He such a happy, curious, and absolutely adorable little boy. To top it off, he loves his mama so much. He gives me kisses. He holds my hand. He snuggles on my shoulder. Ewe, I just can't express how much I love this little guy. I love being a little family. Chase is such an incredible dad and spouse.
Of course there are the days where I seriously want a mommy time-out and escape the madness, but I hope I can better document and reflect on all the small and simple joys of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment