Yikes, I hate the sound of that number. My twenties are drifting away too fast. Nonetheless, I had a great and relaxing birthday. A few days before, Chase surprised me with tickets to Centerpoint Theater's "Anything Goes." It was fun to see the new theater, the play, and simply have a date night together! I spent a day with Marci (who showed up to my door from NYC with Plates & Palates coconut cake and balloons), watched conference, opened gifts from friends and family, enjoyed a great dinner prepared by Cody & Sara (grilled pizzas), followed by a chevron-pattern fruit cake by Kallie.
The kiddos testing out my new lipstick
Sis stopped by and brought me the greatest gift ever... the book "When The Wind Changed." To preface, Allie and I loved this book as kids. We would check it out from our school library all the time. In a nutshell, the book is about a kid who makes horrible faces and when the wind blows, his face sticks. It kind of became a funny joke between sis and I. Every time we'd pull an ugly face, we'd say to each other "and the wind blew." So for the last several years, we have searched high and low for this book because it is out of print (apparently other people love as much as we do). It has been impossible to find! Well, a few weeks ago, Allie came across it online! She could hardly keep it secret for my birthday, she was so excited. I literally screamed when I opened her gift and saw the book inside. We laughed as we read the story and were reminded of the great illustrations. So glad to have this book and to pass it on to my kiddos.
Thanks everyone for your gifts, love, and for making another year wonderful!
{photos by Sara}
No comments:
Post a Comment