When Chase and I returned home from our trip, I almost burst into tears when I saw Tatum. He grinned from ear to ear (I'm sure while thinking, "I remember you guys"), but all I could think about was, "What happened to my baby?" I guess I've gotten use to him day after day... but being away, and then seeing him again, really made me realize just how big Tate has become. He jumped on a tricycle a sped down the driveway, riding it with ease like it was no big deal. But it was a big deal. He is no longer my baby. He's a little toddler boy.
Honestly, I shed a few tears that night thinking about it. As hard as the baby stage is, it went by SO fast. His chubby legs are now thinning out. His gummy smile is now full of teeth. His little snuggles are now bear hugs. Maybe I just struggle with change... and coming home to a little boy, instead of the baby he once was, was hard.
I told my mom what I had felt, and in her typical emotional fashion she said, "Just wait until all your kids are grown and are no longer at home. You'd give anything to go back."
So here's to time ticking a little slower and savoring the little moments of every day. We're glad we're home.
No comments:
Post a Comment