Monday, June 13, 2011

what do you feed your kids?


{Plates from Neato Shop... such quirky gifts!}

Maybe it's because Tate is teething and has suddenly lost his appetite (huge deal),
Or maybe it's because day after day I lack creativity and variety...

Either way, I'm curious to know what you feed your kids?
Be honest... what do you really feed your kids?  What do they prefer?
I could use some new ideas.

6 comments:

Tibett said...

Trey actually prefers healthy food, but I have found that even when he was little he loved guacomole. I think this is a healthy snack for kids. We make it all the time. He also loves diced tomatoes, and tuna sandwiches ( I mix the tuna with a little light mayo, and onion salt.) I love reading your blog, Katie. We haven't seen you guys in a while; Tate is such a cute boy!

The Project said...

Seriously, if Johnny will not eat anything I give hime these:

string cheese

organic Cliff kids bars from Costco (they are only ten dollars!!! and Johnny loves them)

homemade wheat pancakes or waffles with yogurt and jam

Hope these helped....

C and MC said...

Raisins, applesauce, pistachios, fruit rolls, apples, bananas, chicken, ground beef, pbj wedges, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, popcorn, carrots, toast w/butter and jam, graham crackers, string cheese, shrimp, edamame, popsicles, but I get bored with our food choices too. I wish Cam would eat more avocados. happy feeding.

Marci said...

Ugh Devany is teething and won't eat too. Then she wakes up at all hours hungry. :( I have noticed she will eat cold foods better like yogurt and apple sauce from the fridge.

Corie said...

Feeding children is an adventure. :) Around here our go-to foods are french toast, cheese quesadillas, avocados, pasta anything, cottage cheese, broccoli, granola bars, cold cereal, PBJ sandwich sticks (dipped in milk), and lots and lots of fruit. Just when you think you have your kids and their food preferences figured out, though, they up and change them on you! Good luck, Katie.

Kim said...

My kids love rice. its a pain to clean up but i make lots of rice and veggie meals. I think feeding kids is SO hard. i try to remember that if they dont like something... to not give up on that item.. just reintroduce it a few weeks later.... and keep trying. :) my teething kids both liked lots and lots of yogurt, apple slices, cheese sticks, and slim jims (gross i know.. but it helped my son with teething)!.....
good luck! love reading your cute blog!!!