For Easter this year, I decided to grow some wheat grass. Chase of course asked, "Why?" So I said proudly, "Just for decoration." He rolled his eyes. Men just don't understand. It was however, a cinch to do (see detailed instructions here). I simple took my trifle glass dish, filled it pebbles (for drainage), potting soil, then a thick layer of wheat grass seeds, topped with a little more soil. I lightly watered it daily and kept it near a window. Within one week, it had gone from seeds to tall grass! I've even given my grass a few haircuts since. Definitely a low-cost, high-impact idea!
This is my grass at day eight. I liked the glass trifle dish so you could see the sprouts and roots grow too:
Watch this segment for other wheat grass ideas:
Aside from all the fun decorative ideas, wheat grass is very healthy and good for you too. We blended up a bunch and took wheat grass shots! Yum!



2 comments:
Such a great idea! I think I might steal it I love greenery it makes a home so much Homier (is that a word?)
Love, love, love it!
Post a Comment