Sunday, April 17, 2011

Infertility...

...a word that seems to encompass a million emotions: sadness, pain, stress, disappointment,  frustration.

My sister is my hero.  It was her example and desire to have a baby, and struggle to conceive, that nudged me into considering the idea (thinking about having a baby at that point in my life was not in the game plan).  It broke my heart to see her want something more than anything in the world, and it wasn't happening.  It made me wonder if I would have difficulty getting pregnant as well.

Well, fortunately for us we were able to get pregnant fairly easy... but I have NEVER taken that for granted.  I think a lot of people DO take that for granted because it happens so easily. 

Why does infertility seem so common today?  Or are people just talking more openly about it now?  Either way, I applaud my sister for sharing her story {here} in hopes to inspire and comfort others who might be struggling to conceive.  It's not easy sharing your most intimate experiences to the world wide web, but I know it will help others.

So for the many women out there struggling with infertility, my heart goes out to you.  I have seen first-hand how painful that trial can be.  I hope Allie's story will give you hope and encouragement... because against all odds, today she is a mother.

2 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

In my talk yesterday, I shared a quote by Neal A. Maxwell that says: “The Lord knows our bearing capacity, both as to coping and to comprehending. And He will not give us more to bear than we can manage at the moment, though to us it may seem otherwise. Just as no temptation will come to us from which we cannot escape or which we cannot bear, we will not be given more trials than we can sustain.”

I love that quote! During this time of trial I often questioned "Why Me?" but through prayer and my test of Faith, I learned that it was a part of His plan.

Today I continue to be grateful for this trial, as I was able to gain so much more from it than I knew was possible.

Lacey Jay said...

having been on the journey myself i know the pain it entails! i'm so happy to see she got her happy ending:)