Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Peanut Noodles with Rotisserie Chicken

 {image}

Need a great recipe for that rotisserie chicken you picked up at Costco (their's are the best in my opinion)?  I have finally created an easy and great tasting recipe for Asian peanut noodles (adapted from this recipe and this recipe).  This is one of our new favorites!

Peanut noodles with rotisserie chicken

Ingredients:

    * 1 cup water
    * 1/2 cup peanut butter
    * 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    * 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    * 1 tablespoon brown sugar
    * 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (sub 1/4 tsp. ground/dried ginger)


    * 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti (cooked)
    * 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
    * 1 red bell pepper, sliced
    * 1/2 head broccoli, cooked
    * 2 green onions, diced
    * Peanuts

    * Sesame seeds, toasted
    * Cilantro leaves (optional)

Preparation:

In a blender, blend together water, peanut butter, rice vinegar and soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger.  Toss with cooked spaghetti, chicken, bell pepper and
cooked broccoli. Top with a sprinkle of chopped peanuts, green onions, sesame seeds and cilantro.  Serves 4.

3 comments:

Shiree said...

Oh Katie this looks so so yummy! I am going to have to try it. :) Thanks

Mike and Lindsey Martineau said...

Thanks for posting this! I made it this weekend and it is a new fav at our house too!

Lacey Jay said...

Yummy!

So confession: I've tried nearly every recipe you've put on your blog... and they've all proved to be delicious! I think great minds...eat alike!

Thanks for posting this!