Saturday, January 15, 2011

roseola?

Yep. Our little man has it.  What is Roseola you say?
Basically a high fever, followed by a measles-looking rash.

I hate how parenting is such a guessing game...
... teething? food allergy? ear infection? sick of mom?

Thanks to a trip to InstaCare we added a new word to our vocabulary: Roseola.

Thankfully his fever is gone and now his rash has to run its course.
In the meantime, we're trying to cope through horrific screaming fits all hours of the night!

2 comments:

The Brady Family said...

Katie,
Our little girl Ava got that and she has gotten in a total of 4 times in the past year. We found the best thing that helps is a luke warm bath. Their fevers get so high, that they hate clothes, and sleeping is impossible. But she loved the Luke warm bath, it helped a lot. Good luck with it. We know how that goes over here...

Dave and Kristin Dirkmaat said...

I am soooo sorry for you guys! That sounds so scary! I hope you are at the tail end of it and poor adorable Tate feels better very quickly! It is always a guessing game and then when you have multiple kids, they all pass around sicknesses! I took Summer to docs today and she probably needs tubes in ears, etc. She probably needed them a year ago and you are so right-such a puzzle trying to help them feel better!