Are you sick of me talking about Tatum's sleep yet? It's kind of a big deal at our house... sleep is everything! With us leaving Tatum for the first time here soon, we decided to really buckle down and see what we could do to stretch Tate's sleep during the night (our mom's will thank us). This kid has a mind of his own. He started rolling like crazy about two weeks ago and at the same time started going to bed around 9pm and sleeping an average of 6-hour stretches! Maybe he can roll into a more comfortable position now (aka his stomach), thus sleeping longer. At first, he still wanted to get up every 3-4 hours, but we only gave him a binky and he fell back to sleep. So now, he's still getting up 1-2 times a night, but we're only feeding him once. Not perfect, but we're making some serious progress. Having that extra hour or two at night to ourselves is fabulous and we can't complain. We're hoping we can have him sleeping through the night consistantly (no waking up) by the end of the month. I would hate to resort to letting him cry through the night...What have you done to help your baby sleep through the night?
6 comments:
Cam sleeps in our bed, I nurse him when he cries. :) I'm sure that is not the advice you are looking for, but we're into Attachment Parenting. Best of luck.
I make sure Molly has her eat, wake, sleep cycles through the whole day. I give her a bath and feed her every night about 8 and she sleeps until 5ish. When I feed her at 5 there are no lights no talking and no diaper change, she goes right back to bed. They say if you interact with them it encourages them to wake up more, so that's how we do it! Hope it's helpful.
No advice here....my kids still don't sleep through the night! Okay- my 4 1/2 year old does...but that's about it, and she didn't until about a few months ago! Good luck! So if you figure anything out, please let me know! (I gotta try something else with these twins!)
We kinda did the same thing as Sarah. I made sure she got plenty of sleep during the day(which I SWEAR helps at night) and then gave her a bath and bottle before bed. If she woke up I would check on her and give the pacifier back, and often she would just go back to sleep. But, if she really needed to eat, I made it as quick and quiet as possible.
I used a book called the 90 minute sleep soilution and it worked so well for us. Monroe sleeps about 12 hours a night now and seems to really enjoy her sleep.
Good luck!
I think schedule is the most important thing. Even though I nursed I gave her a bottle instead after her bath just so she knew it was different. Then we used a blanket called the kiddopotamus that wraps them up. We turned on the same noise. I just tried to do the same thing every night so she knew it was time to sleep.
GET THE BOOK "HEALTHY SLEEP HABITS, HAPPY CHILD". (I put it all in caps, because it's THAT important! :) Honest, this book changed my life. My little Chase was sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old-he goes to bed at 7 PM and wakes up at 7:30 the next morning, and still takes a 3, sometimes 4 hour nap each day. And I my almost-5 year old has slept through the night since 3 months, RARELY gets up, and still naps at least 2x a week-all thanks to this book.
Oh, and it does involve a little crying, but you'll have to just bite the bullet and do it. It's more about training your child to self-soothe, and put THEMSELVES to sleep. I know lots of mommies who rock and feed and soothe their kids each time, and the kids have sleep problems well into late childhood. The parents never let their kids learn to do it on their own. Once you read the book it won't seem so inhumane. Trust me.
Post a Comment