Wednesday, April 7, 2010

in a funk


So I'm in a funk. A body image funk.
My doc ok'd me to start exercising four weeks postpartum.
I thought, awesome!  Great!  I can get back to my old size.
WRONG!
After getting up 3-4 times at night and now back to work
WHERE DO I FIND THE MOTIVATION, let alone the ENERGY!!

And don't get me started on my pasty white skin.
I can't remember the last time I was "tan."
It isn't easy being married to an olive man. 

Swimsuit season is stressing me out.

Oh to be 17 again. 

11 comments:

Ju and Brack said...

Oh I SO understand...except I am 8 months post baby and should have my body back but don't. I cannot find the energy to get moving as much as I should! If you find the key to get that body back and easy, let me know! Good luck!

Castillon04 said...

I totally understand. But lets be serious, you already look amazing! So I looked back at all the pics of your little man...he is so stinking adorable!!! Seriously a beautiful baby! Good work!

Ashley said...

You just had a human growing inside of your body for nine months. Give yourself a break. You look fabulous :)

amy said...

oh stop it, you look great! seriously! but i agree with you that it is a lot harder to find time to exercise. Any spare seconds i get i'd rather do things like.. umm... shower :)

On Sawyer sleeping... I think 90% is luck and 10% is that he sleeps with me at night in my bed (i know, that's bad). he'll sleep a lot better and longer if he's being cuddled. easy fix now to get a good night's rest, but i'm scared for the day to come when i try putting him to sleep in his crib. that should be interesting.... but for now i'm just doing what works because a sleep deprived Amy = an ornery, impatient Amy.

The Stones said...

Ha! Welcome to mommyhood! Just battle scars, dearie. Just look in the mirror, while holding your baby, and say, "Wow! Look what this body did!"

And while you're doing that, I'm going to do the same, because I need a reminder. I'm sure you look great.

Carly said...

I feel ya. Last summer I was SO modivated. I bought a bikini after I had Lucy and signed up for a half marathon... this year== not so much. I can't imagine working too. Blah. I mean I kinda work- but not really. And by the way- You looked awesome like 3 weeks after having him, so im sure you look amazing!

Marci Joy said...

I love these swimsuits. LOVE them.

And you always look darling my dear.

Tyson & Amanda said...

I remember feeling the exact same way you do now. The only difference is you look a hundred times better 4 weeks post baby, then I did 4 months post baby! I had no energy or motivation to exercise at all so I would just do little things like... choosing the farthest parking spot to park, I almost always carried her car seat, and I would try to feed her while standing(it seriously kills your arms). Good luck girly :)

ps. I am trying to optimize the term 'Unique Baby Gifts' for our product TrayZ, so I am asking all my cute blog friends to link the phrase on there blog to trayz.net. I would sure appreciate the support :)

Corie said...

Katie, you look fabulous and you don't have anything to worry about! With that said, though, I can empathize. Don't worry... slowly things shrink back to normal & you'll get your pre-baby body back just in time to get pregnant again! :)

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I honestly know what you mean! It took a while after Daxton was born to get back to a regular routine and even then it took a while to get back into somewhat normal shape! Good luck! The little ones are worth it!

Tyler and Shelley said...

Two things katie: 1)Working out will be a forever mind game from now on. 2) It took you nine months to get that way! Give yourself a freakin break! YOu're a hot mom and it's not going to come off in a week or two!