Wednesday, February 17, 2010

16 days


"A baby fills a place in your heart
you never knew was empty"

What motherhood has taught me so far...

1) Surviving labor, delivery, engorgement, sore boobs and sleepless nights deserves a medal... a freaking big one!
2) Tate is so cuddly and KISSABLE... Chase is worried I might eat our child
3) Getting to shower and put makeup on my face is a big accomplishment
4) I could stare at his sweet face for hours
5) After a night of zero sleep, you look at your baby in the morning and get over the sleep deprivation real fast.
6) It takes days to get the simplest of tasks done... like writing a thank you card.
7) Did I mention sleep deprivation?
8) Going to the grocery store and getting out of the house is a big treat... but after an hour, I already miss my baby and run home to hold him
9) My love for Chase has grown ten-fold.  I love seeing him as a dad!  He's been the greatest support
10) It really does take a community to raise a child.  I am so grateful for good neighbors, friends and family who have helped us.

Tate's Stats:

4 days old:
6 pounds 10 ounces
19.25" long
13.25" head circumference

16 days old:
7 pounds 9 ounces
20.75" long
14" head circumference

He's already growing like a weed!  Please stay little Tatum... don't grow up too fast.

12 comments:

amy said...

he is so precious! i love that picture. he is a good looking little man, great job! i hear you on the sleep deprivation and the sore boobs :) isn't being a mom the best! he is just beautiful.

Hale-O There said...

I'm so happy for you. Way to take on motherhood. love ya

Blair and Lyndsay said...

He is so squishy and cute, it makes me miss that stage!

Marci Joy said...

Darling.

The Smoots said...

What a doll Katie! What a great mom and dad you and chase are. They do grow up so fast, make sure and enjoy every moment with them because before you know it they will be 7 months! Hope your feeling well beside the sore boobs that sucks huh!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

He is so precious! Don't you just love being a mom? Nothing like it in the world! I just read your birth story...way to go Katie! You're such a trooper! By the way I love your photography! Can I commission you to take some indoor pictures of my little guy when he gets here? Don't worry about the no make-up and showering thing...it gets easier!

jEsSiCa said...

He is so beautiful! They really are amazing and change everything about your life in a most wonderful way:) Congratulations! I also read your birth story... wow... I'm so proud of you and so glad he came safely!

Olivia Jewell said...

He's beautiful Katie. I know that always seems weird to say about a boy but her really is.
Thanks so much for sharing your story. It's always nice to hear about them. It made me give Ella some big hugs. Because something I've learned from being a toddlers mom is, it's easy to forget how innocent they once were. ;) It's nice to remember though. Thanks, and congrats. We just need a family picture post now.

Kristy and Dave said...

I was so excited to seee new posts - what a neat birth story. Tatum is too cute!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I love your post! It is sooooo true!!!

Rachelle Cook said...

He is so cute. I wish we could be there to snuggle and kiss him. Give a few extra for us. We miss you guys. Love ya!

Whitney said...

He is so so darling Katie. Enjoy every single stinking minute of that stage. I miss it, even though the growing part is pretty great too. Nothing like having a newborn in the home. Hope all is well!