Friday, November 13, 2009

99 Days and Hypnobirthing

Double Digits... I'm down to 99 days until D-day!  I am seriously considering hypnobirthing for my delivery method.  I've read many great testimonials from friends about their remarkable hypnobirthing experience.  I  think any first-time mom is fearful of delivering, so if I can learn to remove fear and feel empowered and calm through the whole process, I'm open to it! 

I need your help.  I am looking for classes.  Do any of you know where I can find classes/instructors?  Any advice for this hypnobirth seeking gal?

Read more about hypnobirthing {here}, {here} and {here}

Have a fabulous weekend.  We're headed to the mountains for a weekend retreat!  I hope we get snowed in.

6 comments:

C and MC said...

I fully support Hynpobirthing! It is wonderful. If you want to borrow my books and cd's and stuff you are welcome to. We took a class at The U from Kristi Thompson. LOVED HER! Good Luck!

Utah Mom said...

I saw that you posted a link to my blog. I hope that my information on hypnobirthing was helpful. However, you choose to have your baby, I hope you had a wonderful experience. Good luck.

Rachelle Cook said...

Well Katie, I don't know of any classes and being in Montana doesn't help, but I can give you some sister advice. I loved delivering my girls. I know that sounds crazy, but I did. The drugs did help alittle. For now just enjoy the momoment. Enjoy every little kick and ultrasound and heart beat. Don't stress or worry too much. You have a great Doctor and you will just know what to do when the time comes for delivering that bundle of joy. Love ya!

Whitney said...

I took my class through the University hospital as well. It was very helpful. I would take it again! Honestly Katie, Hypnobirthing made going natural possible for me. It was so wonderful and I mean that! If you need anything let me know. Comment on my page and I will get you my phone number and we can even chat or go to lunch. It helped me having someone to talk to about it. Yay for hypnobiorthing. And PS, if people tell you that you can't do it (which they did to me all the time) you can :) It wasnt always easy but I LOVED my birth.

Brandon and Sienna said...

Hi Katie,

I love reading your blog. I feel like a stalker since I haven't talked to you since high school. I thought I would send you my sisters blog link, she just posted on how great hypno babies is, she delivered last week.

http://christensenchronicle.blogspot.com/2009/11/leilas-birth-story.html

Brittany said...

You can do it girlfriend! Feel free to email me again if you have anymore questions. And if Chase needs a pep talk there is nobody more passionate about hypnobirthing than Joe. Everything was wonderful and we have video to prove it! :-)