A new controversy is brewing over the HBO program "Big Love." In an upcoming episode, the show's promotion says it will reveal sacred Latter-day Saint temple ceremonies and temple clothing. {See story here}.
Not only does this show draw a vague line for viewers on the differences between FLDS and LDS members, but a former LDS church member is helping the producers portray temple ceremonies and what takes place inside. I simply ask, is anything sacred anymore? No matter what your morals, religion or beliefs are, can we no longer respect each other's sacred beliefs and practices? I cannot tell you how upset and disgusted I am over this. So what can we do? Please {send a comment to HBO} in hopes that they will NOT air this episode.
{HBO Comment Page}
{Statement from the LDS Church}
{Comcast Story}
{KSL Story}
5 comments:
WOW that makes me sick to think about! I definately didn't hesitate to send a comment to HBO.
I completely agree Katie. There are so many beliefs in our religion that get distorted because of the media. I hope that we all can take the time to write in to HBO. Thanks for posting this. I hadn't even heard about it.
Hey Katie thanks so much for posting this I had heard something about this and am glad that you posted a link to give feedback, I just left them a comment and I am so so super mad about this! Thanks so much again!
I'm glad to see this on your blog. Chris and I have been sending out e-mails to everyone too, letting them know where they can comment about this sensationalistic act of HBO to completely trample the truth for ratings/entertainment. Big Love is such a dumb show anyway, and now it just got even worse!!!
Katie thank you so much for posting this again sorry it was a little too late on our part :( hopefully something katatrosphic (sp?) will happen and they won't be able to air it!! we can only hope right. Thanks again so much
Post a Comment