Friday, February 6, 2009
Facebook Frenzie
So I totally got suckered into reactivating my facebook account awhile ago. I thought, "Blogging is fine for me. Don't really care to "network" with the crazies of the world." But I did it... and I've been FORCING myself to participate in the madness ever since. Why does is seem like a chore? Why do I feel like I’m always in a pickle with Facebook? To deactivate account, or not? To accept a friend, or not? To accept coworker friend requests, or not? To accept a friend request from a kid I never talked to in high school, or not? To untag photos of myself, or not? To comment, or not? Will my friend be mad if I don't accept the cupcake, snowball fight, or hug they sent me? That is the question!!! Does anyone else feel like Facebook is turning into one big advertisement hub too? Hilarious. That's all I have to say. I think this {article} summed up my thoughts completely. Someone convince me that it's worth it to keep my account active...
Labels:
a thought,
my opinion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Your so funny Katie! I totally see what you are saying, I just got an invite to be someone's "top girl" what the heck?!? But I LOVE facebook because my brothers and dad and some friends don't have blogs and I want to keep up with them too so facebook is perfect. Plus you don't have to do anything to maintain it. I love to instant message throught it too. Good luck with your difficult decision ;)
you're funny.
and i have the same moral dilemmas with facebook. pretty much, i don't care about offending anyone on that stupid thing. i deny just about every group and event and crazy game best friends request that i am given. lame lame. but...it does have it's perks of keeping tabs on people. i dunno. i'm torn too.
love blogging though.
esp. your blog (even if i dont' comment often, i love your style. makes me smile regularly).
hope all is happy happy for you cute Oborns.
I haven't ever had a facebook account. And never will (a blog is enough for me). I just think that it becomes too easy to "keep in touch." But is it really keeping in touch?
I don't know.
HA! I'm laughing so hard at the article you linked! It's sad, but they're all true.
Hope you come to a conclusion over your dilemma. good luck.
I feel the exact same about Facebook. I still don't quite understand the purpose, you don't really know what your friends are up to, and it is just annoying and I don't think its well organized. I created an account about 2 months ago, and everytime I log in I still ask myself "What's the point?"
This post cracked me up. I feel exactly the same way! I'm like Marci though - I just check it every once in a while and I deny just about every request I get. I really don't know why I still have an account. Peer pressure is still alive and well I guess.
I just started one a few weeks ago- and to me, it was fun for about a week! I'm not sure what I will do either. I kinda of get on everyone in awhile and see what people are up to and that's about it! But the requests are driving me crazy too! How do you say no without offending someone?
I hear ya sista...the bad thing too is that I dread checking it but I always do. when I finally realize what i'm doing it's been like 2 hours. Dangit! It sucks you in.
Post a Comment