Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goodbye

Rip it off like a bandaid. That's what I tried to do to say goodbye, but failed miserably. Allie and Bryan are off to Texas today. Why do I feel like a piece of my heart has been ripped out? Maybe because I'm losing a good friend, a shoulder to cry on, a phone buddy, a hug, a laugh... a SISTER. I will miss our fun weekends together, our shopping adventures, being each others dates to concerts and dance events, clothing swaps, double dates, and just doing things sisters do. I look forward to phone calls, blog updates, holidays, and cheap flight tickets. Good luck with this new stage of your life. Utah will miss you. Texas is lucky to have you. We love you both!






11 comments:

Andrus Family said...

Why is Ally going to Texas? School? Tell her good luck from me! Also- tell her I like her dark hair! So cute!

Jessica... a.k.a... Frank. said...

Sad... I remember saying goodbye to Marci.. it was kind of hard. Her and Dan were off to a 4 day road trip across the country in their mini cooper. Haha. The image was funny, but didn't really seem real, and just like that, she was gone.. You'll get used to it though, hopefully sooner than later.

Jessica Reeves said...

How sad! You'll have to visit her lots!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

Sad! That brings back memories of saying goodbye to Kallie when she left on her mission. There's nothing more special then a sister! We just seem to read each other's minds...tell Ally hello for me. I miss you and Loraine!!

Hale-O There said...

I got the barfing flu this weekend so I refrained from coming over to say bye to Allie and Bryan:( I loved your Costa Rica pics... what would I give to lay on the beach today!!! You look fabulous Kates you skinny bum! I am in dilemma about the tri, I want to do it, but I have this bad knee and have already put off surgery once. Maybe I'll just schedule the surgery and sign up.

Rachelle Cook said...

Allie and Bryan will be missed. My kids keep talking about them leaving. We talked to Allie today on the phone. The girls were excited to hear her voice. We will all have to call often and look forward to the visits. Hang in there. Love ya!

mccall said...

Oh, this breaks my heart! Sisters are the BEST. Think of how much fun you'll have when you go visit her, and when she comes here to visit. Hang in there!

Natalie Murray said...

Oh how sad for you all! But what a great adventure for them!! Sometimes there is nothing that brings a family closer together than being far apart! My brother & his wife live in Michigan & it is so hard to say goodbye when they leave after they visit but we have become more close since they have been away!

Mindy & Matt said...

I feel both your pain, more Allie's than yours! Good Luck girl, I'm not sure your reason for heading to the big state of Texas but the best advise I can give you is make friends especially girlfriends. No matter where we are it is so important to have 'girl time'.

Bryan and Allie said...

Girl- Sunday night was so hard for me to say goodbye to everyone! Looking back on all the memories growing up of dancing in our living room, making commercials, having sleepovers in the tent in the backyard, fighting over the Barbie corvette, and most importantly being each others best friend! It's so hard knowing we are so far away from each other now, but I think it'll only bring us closer! I really wish you were here visiting! Let's get your vacation hours saved up and get you down here to visit!! Remember, when things get tough-I am only a phone call away. I love you so much girl!

cody+sara said...

Hope you're holding up.
Ummm... this is off the subject, but you look really pretty when you cry.