Monday, October 6, 2008

Beaver & Boating Birthday

{Photos Below} It was an adventurous birthday weekend. Chase, Kallie and I hit the open road Wednesday night, with one thing on our mind... Lake Mead! We were cruising along and just passed Fillmore, when all of a sudden all the lights on the driver's console turned on. At first, we weren't sure what it meant. Did we have a bad battery? Was the car just overworked? So we kept cruising along, passing Beaver, when the headlights started to dim, along with all other lights in the car. Chase slowly lost control of the speed and power steering. We eventually pulled off and sat in astonishment. It was 11:00 p.m. and we were stuck in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, Kallie had a AAA card. We finally made some arrangements with a local Beaver mechanic named Rick. He came to the rescue and towed us back into Beaver. Unfortunately, the car's alternator and battery were shot... meaning, we had to spend the night in Beaver, Utah! Rick was very accommodating and helped us get a room at a Quality Inn and said he'd have the car all fixed up in the morning. It was an unexpected adventure, and expense, but it was a little fun to say the least. So Kallie and I bunked up together and gave Chase a bed of his own. The next morning, Kallie and I tried entertaining ourselves in good ol' Beaver. We finally got the car back, and hit the road. When we arrived at the lake, we immediately went out on the boat. The weekend was filled with good laughs, lots of boating, cliff jumping, a shrimp-filled pinata (don't ask), birthday fun, conference, and stopping by Kim and Doug's for dinner on the way home. What a fun birthday weekend!


Getting towed

My 24th Beaver Birthday!


Kallie... enough said

Just had to add this...
random lady stretching at the gas station with "Eager Beaver" behind... classic!

Taking advantage of the photo opp

"On the road again..."

Getting some "huge" air

Slide down, wack pinata, catch candy... I mean shrimp!?

Chase and Kallie's cliff dive

Enjoying popsicles, sun and a bass fishing tournament at the marina

5 comments:

skyler and ashley said...

Happy birthday kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blair and Lyndsay said...

Happy Birthday Katie! That is way funny about Birthday. My husbands family is from Beaver, so I know what a blast it is down there! Glad you had fun at Lake Mead!

Mindy & Matt said...

Looks like a good Birthday!! And sometimes random hicups turn into great adventures!! Glad you had a good 24th...I tried to get my little one here so he could share the same day with you but i'm not that lucky!! hopefully soon.
love ya

Cacia said...

so fun. Mead is always a good time!

Lacey Jay said...

your beaver story is way too funny. I always get tickets passing through beaver... their cops are relentless! I'm glad you got back on the road safely:)