Monday, September 8, 2008
The Bishop Called...
Dun, dun dun!! What is the first thing you think of when you get "the call?" The call that says, "The Bishop would like to meet with you after church Sunday." Maybe you think it's just to "check-in" and see how we're doing. Maybe it's to speak in church. Or maybe it's a new calling. We definitely didn't think it was the later because we just starting teaching the 16-17 year old Sunday School class back in January. So, on Sunday I was a little curious as to what it might be for. In relief society, one of the counselors bore her testimony in a farewell type fashion. That really made me nervous! So, Chase and I entered the Bishop's office. After some small talk, he asked Chase if he would accept a calling as the Young Men's Priest Quorum Adviser. Of course we were surprised, but really excited. Chase loves working with the youth. So then the table turned to me. He said because we taught the Sunday School class together, it would change my current calling as well. He then asked if I would accept the calling in the Primary 11 year old class. I was actually very surprised, but very sad at the same time. I LOVE our Sunday School class! It's so fun to chat with the group each Sunday about high school issues and joke about dating, school stresses, and everything else teenagers worry about. I am really sad to say goodbye to such a great group of young people. We have loved studying the Book of Mormon with them this year and have learned so much from them. I am also going to really miss Relief Society too. We have such an amazing group of women in our ward... and I've learned so much from them. Don't get us wrong, we're excited about our new adventures and challenges. Chase will be helping prepare the YM for missions... and I'll be preparing my kids to enter YW's and YM's. We're grateful that we have been entrusted with these new callings, but is it bad to feel sad at the same time? I guess CHANGE always takes some getting use to. Wish us luck... and to our current class, we love you and please keep us up-to-date on what's happening in your lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I hate getting the phone calls from a member of the bishophric. It is always intimidating. Congrats on the new callings though! You both will do GREAT! :) And good luck! Love ya!
We teach the eleven year old class in our ward, and they are so awesome! I think we have learned more from them to tell you the truth. Good luck with the new calling!
Lucky kids! I am in the primary presidency and I just love primary! Trav is also the priest quorum advisor and he LOVES it! Congrats!
kates no way scott and I just got called to the 11 year olds in primary. Our class is pretty tough to get and keep their attention- good luck:) you'll be great!
How exciting! You guys will be so great in your new callings! Good luck!!!
Oh, you two were made to stay with the youth! Fun, I taught the 11 year old class for a bit, I LOVED it! You'll be so great at that!
This is awesome, congrats you guys! Sorry for your loss, but stoked for your new callings!
Post a Comment