Thursday, August 21, 2008

To DVR or Not To DVR...

... that is the question, when it comes to the Olympics. We DVR everything. Chase and I have been staying up late watching the Olympics almost every night. I'm loving it (the Olympics that is, not the lack of sleep). Highlights for me so far: Michael Phelps (need I say more), the men's 4x100 gold, Nastia Liukin, rhythmic gymnastics, China's hip-hop grannies, May/Walsh beach volleyball gold and the Michael Phelps look a-like, Steve from Great Britain, getting all the attention. Guess I'm glad I have them all recorded so I can go back once my Olympic withdrawals kick-in. Do you have an Olympic highlight?

5 comments:

Bryan and Allie said...

Oh my gosh! I had never seen the "Hip Hop grannies!" That was hilarious! I can't even imagine our grandma's busting some moves! haha

Nate said...

I've got to add David Neville's head-first dive across the finish line for bronze in the mens 400! That was unreal. I also didn't see the Bolt on your list, we're pretty excited to see Jamica destroy th competition in the men's 4X100 tonight.

Nate said...

ps. now that we're back in town we're going to have to take you guys up on that offer for a double date. Now that we know you have a secret love for fixing up old furnature, maybe we could restore some old end tables or something. ha, but seriously, lets get together sometime. And tell Chase he doesn't need to stalk us when we gold anymore. If he wants to golf with me, all he needs to do is ask :)

Andrus Family said...

Katie- it's Laurie! Just wanted to let you know I've finally started a blog! Better late than never right? It's good to keep in touch over this way! You sure do keep busy! Talk to yoy later!

Sarah Flint said...

I loved the Olympics too! I had never seen the rhythmic gymnastics before and I loved it. Weren't those girls unbelievable? I'd kill for that flexibility!!